About Our HIV CARE Program
The HIV Care team of ID CARE has been committed for more than 25 years to excellence in health care for patients living with HIV disease. The HIV Care program offers the most up to date treatments available provided by clinicians who not only treat patients but help discover and develop the newest and best treatments. Our HIV Care team treats, educates, communicates, comforts and collaborates with our patients to assure they understand their treatment and illness.
Our Team provides comprehensive testing, treatment, research, and emotional care including:
- Caring for newly infected or at any stage of HIV disease
- Medical management of laboratory findings and new treatment modalities and medications
- Continuing care through inpatient hospital visits
- Accessing drug trials, investigational pharmaceutical programs, and low- and no-cost pharmaceutical programs
- Facilitate referrals to appropriate medical and community based care
- Ensuring complete confidentiality to all patients
- Spanish/English interpreters on staff
- Accessing behavioral health professionals for assessment and referrals for additional treatments
- Social services with community resources
- Visiting nurse services
- Education and training services for numerous groups throughout New Jersey
The ID HIV Care team includes:
- Board certified infectious disease physicians
- HIV trained nurses
- HIV social workers
- Patient care associates
- Support staff
The ID HIV Care Program Brings Real Value
- Limited use of hospital services
- Access to patient assistance for medications
- Extensive access to clinical trials to increase available treatment options
- Access to some of the country's leading HIV clinicians
- Expert management of ancillary services including laboratory and pharmacy
Additional ID Care Programs:
- The Open Arms Foundation (OAF)
The Open Arms Foundation began in 1986. The OAF provides support and networking opportunities for persons living with HIV disease and/or Hepatitis C. A highly experienced and trained HIV Case Manager and Advanced Practice Nurse oversee the programs according to the needs of the individual clients and community.
The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program provides HIV-related services in the United States for those who do not have sufficient health care insurance coverage or the financial resources for coping with HIV disease. The Ryan White Program fills gaps in care not met by other payors.
In addition to treating patients at ID Care's office locations, ID Care is contracted to oversee the care of new and current patients at the Ryan White Clinic at Somerset Medical Center, Somerville, New Jersey. http://www.rwjuh.edu/rwjuh/ryanwhiteclinic.aspx
The Zufall Health Center is a medical and dental treatment facility located in northwestern New Jersey. As a fully licensed Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), the Zufall Clinic provides high-quality, affordable medical and dental care to the underserved residents of Morris, Sussex, Hunterdon, and Warren counties.
In addition to treating patients at ID Care's office locations, ID Care is contracted to oversee the care of new and current patients at the Zufall Clinic
ID Care is a Local Performance Site for the NY/NJ AETC. ID Care faculty trainers offer a variety of customized training for all levels of healthcare providers that includes instructive/didactic lectures, patient-specific clinical consultation, case-based discussions/consultation, and clinical mentoring. Topics include management of HIV and co-morbid conditions, Hepatitis B&C screening and treatment, TB co-infection, and trainings on current research and emerging therapies. Our catchment area is central New Jersey and includes Somerset, Middlesex, Mercer, Morris, Hunterdon, Monmouth, and Ocean counties.
For more information or to schedule training please contact: Deb M. Winters, APRN-BC, AACRN Clinical Training Specialist
(908) 788-6045 or firstname.lastname@example.org.